So you’re here looking for the Best Double Jogging Stroller. Well, you’re in luck. Jogging strollers enable parents to stay fit and active without having to leave to their kids at home. They also give kids the chance to interact with their surroundings while spending quality time with mom and dad.
Child obesity is becoming a bigger and bigger problem in the USA. Jogging strollers help parents to lead by example and inculcate healthy habits from a very early age.
Double jogging strollers have two full size seats and can comfortably carry twins or children of different ages. The seats are usually arranged side-by-side as this allows for better weight distribution and maneuverability.
Thanks to impressive off-road ability, jogging strollers are unfazed by bumps and turn almost effortlessly. This is why many parents use them as everyday strollers and even take them along on vacations.
The only downside to double jogging strollers is that they’re a bit bulky and wide. However, this is a small price to pay for parents who wish to stay healthy and happy.
Here are the top 10 best double jogging strollers in the country
1) BOB 2016 Revolution PRO Duallie Jogging Stroller:
This is one of the most premium, technically advanced and feature-loaded strollers manufactured by BOB. It manages to impress even hardcore techies and the harshest of critics.
If BOB Strollers could get a Helicopter Engineer Dad to give the Revolution Pro Duallie a five-star rating on Amazon, they have definitely done something right! cheap double strollerThis popular double jogger is not a by any means, but it’s surprisingly affordable!
1) The Duallie is the ultimate outdoor stroller. It is equipped with two 16 inch rear and one 12.5 inch front swivel-lock wheel. All three high-impact polymer wheels have pneumatic tires with a thickness of 1.75 inches. These provide excellent grip and ensure that the stroller can tackle most surfaces without as much as batting an eyelid.
2) Unlike some strollers with teeny-tiny wheels that have a mind of their own, this model goes exactly where you want it to go. The front wheel swivels for relaxed low speed strolling and cornering. It can be locked while jogging over straights and on rough terrain.
3) Apart from 5 point safety harnesses, the stroller has hand activated rear drum brakes. The brake lever is situated on the handle and is very similar to the one in bicycles. This is a really useful and well thought out safety feature and allows for greater control on downward slopes.
Jogging strollers get quite heavy with two kids and their luggage on board. When going downhill, gravity takes over and causes stroller accelerates quickly. This may seem innocuous but can get quite risky at higher speeds. The hand activated brake allows the caregiver to use partial braking and lower the speed as required. There’s also an additional parking brake and a tether strap to prevent the stroller from rolling away too far.
4) The foam padded handle can be adjusted to 9 positions to suit people of varying heights and preferences.
5) UPF 50 canopies with peek-a-boo windows shield against the Sun, wind and rain. Seats can be reclined with just one hand and are compatible with certain models of car seats, enabling parents to create a complete travel system. Britax recommends the BOB B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat. (Car seats and adapters sold separately.)
6) Advanced suspension system has two settings and offers 3 inches of travel for a smooth ride, even on bumpy surfaces.
7) Roomy storage basket. Folds easily in two steps. Can hold two kids weighing up to 50 pounds each.
1) The stroller is heavy. Weighs 36 pounds and is quite long and wide (30.5 inches width). Does fit through standard doorways though.
2) Cup holders and child-trays are not included. However, they can be purchased separately.
3) Basic tire maintenance required. Be prepared for an occasional flat, especially if jogging over inhospitable terrain.
This is one of the most stable and well-built strollers in the world. It’s a little pricey but worth every penny!
2) Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller:
This sleek, high-quality three-wheeler has a carrying capacity of 100 pounds. It can be used right from birth by uising the Thule car seat adapter and bassinet, which are sold separately.
1) Even though the model is named as Urban Glide, its16 inch rear wheels and front swivel wheel with air tires enable it to thrive on rural country roads as well.
2) Swivel features facilitates near instantaneous turning and locks for high speed jogging.
3) Usually, taller people have a hard time dealing with low handle bars. However, the handle on this stroller is adjustable, making it compatible with people of varying heights.
4) The stroller itself weighs about 34 pounds. When fully loaded, the combined weight of the stroller, two kids and supplies can amount to almost 140 pounds. Often, this number is close to the weight of the person pushing it. Hence, controlling the stroller can get tricky when going downhill. Thule has taken care of this issue by providing a twist hand-brake that enables the caregiver to regulate speed on all types of surfaces.
5) The seats can be reclined with just one hand and have independent and adjustable canopies with side vents. Peek-a-boo windows with magnetic locks facilitate interaction with kids.
6) The stroller can be folded within seconds with one hand only.
7) Soft suspension and 5 point safety harnesses keep kids safe and comfortable.
8) The rims and canopies are coated with reflective materials to improve visibility in poorly lit areas.
9) Zippered storage compartment does not flap about in the wind.
1) Tires need regular maintenance to prevent punctures.
2) Not a single accessory included in the price of the main stroller. Everything needs to be bought separately. To Thule’s credit, they do have a long list of accessories such as rain cover, snack trays, parent organizers etc.
3) Can take only one car seat.
The Swedes takes safety and precision very seriously and this really shines through in the Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double. This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Need I say more?
3) BOB 2016 Stroller Strides Fitness Duallie Jogging Stroller:
This is a top pick among fitness enthusiasts.
The package includes a Stroller Strides fitness coupon and a Stroller Strides Fitness Kit. The kit contains an exercise manual, a handlebar console and SRPI resistance bands. The quality of construction is nothing short of phenomenal.
1) The padded handlebar is adjustable to nine positions. This does away with awkward ergonomics and unnecessary back aches. Parents or caregivers of different heights can choose the handlebar position that best suits them.
2) The swivel-locking front wheel makes the stroller highly maneuverable and keeps it stable at higher speeds and over uneven terrain.
3) Stroller can be used both on and off road. It has a state of the art suspension system that has two settings of weight support offering up to 3 inches of travel. This ensures a smooth ride for the occupants even on beaches, trails, cobbled streets etc.
4) Polymer wheels do not damage easily. Large air-filled tires provide excellent traction and are ever-ready to take on any surface.
5) The seats have padded 5 point harnesses and adjustable overhead canopies. Kids enjoy the upright position as it gives them a good view of their surroundings. Backrest can be reclined with just one hand when needed. Both seats recline independently so that one kid does not have to compromise if the other wishes to nap.
6) Maximum carrying capacity of the stroller is 100 pounds while maximum height of the occupants is 44 inches. Can be used right from birth by combining with an infant car seat to create a convenient travel system. (Recommended – BOB B-Safe 35 manufactured by Britax).
7) The stroller can be folded easily in two steps.
1) Please note that only 1 car seat can be attached to the stroller. Do not use stroller for jogging with an infant on-board.
2) Has a foot-activated parking break but lacks hand brake for downhill control.
3) You’ll need to buy an air pump to fill up the tire tubes. Remember that an occasional flat tire is virtually unavoidable.
4) Not compact but it goes through standard doorways. Accessories need to be bought separately.
Overall, The BOB 2016 Stroller Strides Fitness Duallie is extremely well built. It can be pushed with just one hand and ride is so good, it’s almost as if the kids are wafting through air!
4) BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Duallie Jogging Stroller:
You can never really go wrong with a BOB. It’s one the most reliable, practical and user-friendly strollers in the market. The Revolution series is especially popular among parents – even though the strollers are pricey, they more than make up for it in terms of design, performance and longevity.
1) The BOB 2016 Revolution Flex Duallie comes with a padded handlebar that can be adjusted to 9 nine positions. Good ergonomics and posture are critical during long walks and jogs. They help to prevent back and shoulder issues.
2) The two seats have 5 point safety harnesses and adjustable UPF canopies to protect kids from the elements. In some earlier BOB strollers, the seat recline adjustment was a bit wearisome and the seating position was not very upright. However, both these issues have been fixed in the 2016 model. The seats are fairly upright and can be reclined with just one hand when necessary.
3) The stroller is equipped with a 12.5 inch swivel-lock front wheel and a two 16 inch rear wheels. All wheels have air-filled tires with a thickness of 1.75 inches. This setup makes the stroller usable on all kinds of surfaces, be it grassy fields, sandy beaches or even weathered trails.
4) The progressive suspension with 2 weight adjustments and 3 inches of travel filters out bumps and provides a super-smooth ride for the kids. I know that the term ‘smooth ride’ is thrown around quite often by stroller manufacturers. Even umbrella strollers with teeny-tiny wheels claim to be smooth. However, this BOB is truly and remarkably smooth; bordering on luxurious actually.
5) The stroller turns almost intuitively. The wheel aligning tool allows parents to lock the front wheel with just a simple twist of a knob. Each seat has a carrying capacity of up to 50 pounds but despite being fully loaded, the stroller moves forward with amazing fluidity and requires next to no effort to push. A foot-activated parking brake holds it firmly in place even on slopes.
6) Efficient two step folding mechanism. Not exactly quick though, takes a bit of time. Large storage basket.
1) It does not have a handbrake for downhill speed control. (It has a tether strap to keep it from rolling away.)
2) There’s no escaping from the fact that this is a big, bulky stroller. Still, it is a little under 31 inches wide so goes through most entry doors.
3) Parent consoles and child trays are available only as optional extras.
Parents can use the stroller as part of a travel system as it’s compatible with the BOB B-Safe 35 infant car seat by Britax and also with other mainstream models. Note: Accommodates only one car seat.
5) Thule Urban Glide – Double Jogging Stroller:
Note: This is the 1st version of the upgraded Urban Glide 2.0 listed above, NOT to be confused with it
Thule is 76 year old Swedish brand specializing in different kinds of transportation solutions. Products are crafted with tremendous attention to detail and well known all over the world for their innovative designs and incorporation of cutting edge technology.
1) The comfortable seats are equipped with 5-point safety harnesses featuring soft shoulder pads. The seats recline independently and have independently adjustable sun canopies with view-in roof ports.
2) The front wheels swivels effortlessly for easy maneuvering. It can be locked for jogging. The two rear wheels offer good stability and hence, even though this is a double stroller, it can also be used with just one child on-board without fear of it tipping over.
3) The stroller is designed for urban use but thanks to the large wheels and air-filled tires, it can also handle irregular surfaces. The ride quality is sublime thanks to an advanced rear suspension. The stroller literally ‘glides’ over most bumps without any sudden jolts.
4) The padded handlebar is adjustable to multiple positions. People of all heights can use the stroller extensively without any complaints. There’s also a tether strap on the handlebar to ensure that the stroller remains within immediate reach at all times.
5) A hand-activated brake lever enables the caregiver to apply partial braking. This helps to reign-in the stroller on steep downward slopes.
6) The Urban Glide Double is lighter and more compact than most other double strollers. It weighs 31 pounds and can hold a total weight of up to 100 pounds. Weight per seat should not exceed 50 pounds.
7) Stroller folds easily and quickly with just one hand. The wheels are removable so that it occupies less storage space.
8) Has a decent sized storage basket plus a couple of storage pockets next to the seat. These can be used for toys and treats.
9) The stroller can be converted into a travel system by procuring the Thule car seat adapter. Compatibility chart available at the following link: https://goo.gl/jPGXqo
1) Accessories like parent organizer, cup holders, trays etc need to be purchased separately.
2) Can not hold two car seats. However, an older kid can ride in the stroller seat with an infant in the car seat fixed on the other side.
Overall, The Thule Urban Glide Double Jogging Stroller offers a good balance of practicality, convenient features and performance. The price too, hits the sweet spot for parents looking to invest in a premium stroller.
6) Phil & Teds Sport Stroller:
Note: This stroller is also available as a single but we are discussing it with the secondary seat attached.
Phil&Teds Sport has a unique, quirky design. Like most jogging strollers, it has three wheels.
All three wheels are of the same size, their diameter being 12 inches. However, instead of having a tandem (side-by-side) seating configuration, the seats are positioned one behind the other. Also, the handle of the front seat extends all the way to the back. The child at the front sits higher than the one at the back. The rear seat is removable and hence, the stroller transitions into a single stroller when required. The main advantages of this design are that the stroller is narrow, compact and versatile while remaining practical, fairly roomy and comfortable.
1) The Phil & Teds sport folds swiftly with just one hand and has a frame lock for easy release. It offers a total of 26 riding combinations with the seats in parent or forward facing positions. The convertible seat is fully equipped to accept newborns. There’s also a parent facing double kit – it helps to maximum interaction between you and your babies.
2) The stroller accommodates two infant car seats. Honestly, this is a great feature! Usually, double jogging strollers can only hold one car seat and this makes them quite redundant for twins. Please check the specifications table on Amazon for more details on car seat compatibility.
3) The front swivels easily and can be locked for jogging. Thanks to the distinctive seat positioning and smart engineering, the front wheel can be popped up without applying much force. This enables parents to maneuver the stroller over curbs and other larger obstacles without any hassle whatsoever! It’s so clever that it makes other strollers look a bit stupid.
4) The stroller is ready to go on whatever adventure you have planned for your family. It’s air tires are eager to take on hills, fields, tracks, malls, crowded downtown areas, beaches, trails and a lot more.
5) The overall build quality is top notch. 600D fabrics are strong and hard-wearing. Bits of the stroller have reflective coating to improve visibility at night.
6) The seats have 5-point safety harnesses with one touch release. Even better, the fully adjustable handlebar has an auto-brake feature. The stroller stops wherever you stop.
7) The main and second seat both accommodate up to 44 pounds. However, the second seat, when fixed at the rear has a weight limit of 33 pounds.
8) It’s super slim; width is just 23 inches. Goes through all doorways.
1) Maximum carrying capacity is a little lower than other double jogging strollers.
2) Kids may squabble over who gets to sit at the front.
3) Photos are a bit misguiding. The second seat and adapters need to be purchased separately.
Overall, The Phil & Teds double jogging stroller is sturdy and sporty. It gets brownie points for being able to accommodate two car seats.
7) Baby Jogger 2016 Summit X3 Double Jogging Stroller (Black/Gray):
The most distinguishing feature of this tandem stroller is its patented quick-fold technology. It folds almost instantly and transformation looks quite fascinating! The stroller itself weighs in at 37 pounds and can accept a combined weight of up to 100 pounds.
1) A hand-operated break enables the caregiver to control the speed of the stroller. This is quite useful on hills and while jogging at higher speeds.
2) Equipped with a 12-inch swivel-lock front wheel and 16 inch rear wheels with air-filled tires, the Summit X3 is ready to take on all types of terrain. It’s also very nimble and easy to push. The swivel lock is mounted on the handlebar itself. There’s no need to move over to the front and bend down to align the front wheel. Not only is this feature cool, but it’s also convenient and saves time!
3) UPF50+ sun canopies are independently adjustable and have peek-a-boo windows so that the caregiver can check in on the kids. The seats recline almost fully flat.
4) All wheel suspension soaks in bumps and ensures a buttery smooth, pliant ride for the occupants.
5) Big storage basket. Lots of additional accessories like parent organizer, child trays, weather shield etc.
1) There’s no car seat adapter. Baby Jogger manufactures an adapter for the Summit X3 single but not for the double. There are a couple of hacks though – many parents manage to fit the car seat in between the belly bar and the stroller seat. The other option is to use the soft car seat pad in the stroller seat itself. It provides adequate support keeps the babies from moving about. In either case, it is not advisable to use any stroller for jogging with infants on board.
2) Handlebar is not adjustable 🙁
The Baby Jogger Summit X3 Double Jogger is a fantastic choice as long as you as don’t plan on installing infant car seats on it.
8) Baby Jogger 2016 Summit X3 Double Jogging Strolle (Green):
We Love it so much, we listed it twice! Baby Jogger is a 35+ year old brand. They’ve managed to carve out a good name for themselves and have a formidable fan following. They design products keeping in mind the needs of both infants and caregivers. Not surprisingly, most Baby Jogger strollers and accessories have rave reviews, with several models being top sellers.
The Summit X3 double is a hot favorite among those bitten by the fitness bug. Not only is it an excellent double jogger, it’s also a very pragmatic everyday stroller. Most importantly, the X3 is always prepared to take on life’s little adventures.
1) 12 inch swivel lock front wheel and 16 inch rear wheels with pneumatic tires can hold their own on any surface.
2) Usually, parents have to bend down and adjust the front wheel to swivel or lock depending upon the terrain, location and speed. This sounds simple but in reality, it is a bit of a hassle – especially if going over intermittent patches of straights and corners over varied surfaces. The caregiver has to stop, lock the wheels, move over to the front, align the wheel, go back, unlock and get going again. He or she may even have to repeat the entire procedure after just a couple hundred meters. It gets tiresome after a while. The Summit X3 though, has a front wheel adjustment lever located right on the handlebar. This allows parents to toggle between swivel and locking mode remotely. Phew!
3) The stroller has a carrying capacity of up to 100 pounds and its own weight is 37 pounds. While it remains easy to push even when loaded to the brim, controlling so much weight can be a bit of a problem when jogging downhill. Baby Jogger has addressed this issue by providing a brake lever on the handlebar itself. This way, the caregiver can apply partial braking and regulate the speed of the stroller as required.
4) The strollers folds in a matter of seconds thanks to Baby Jogger’s patented Quick-Fold Technology. The wheels have a quick release mechanism so that it occupies less storage space.
5) Comfortable seats recline almost fully flat. Retractable UPF 50+ canopies with peek-a-boo windows shield the kids from harsh weather and dust. 5-point safety harnesses with padded shoulder straps ensure safety of the occupants when traveling at high velocities.
6) All wheel suspension provides an unruffled ride and keeps kids happy even over rough paths.
1) Baby Jogger does not manufacture a car seat adapter for this model. Parents get around this by installing the car seat in between the belly bar and stroller frame or by simply adding soft inserts onto the seat.
2) Handlebar does not adjust. However, it is fairly high and even taller parents have had no complaints.
3) Accessories like child trays and parent console need to be purchased separately. Come on Baby Jogger, throw in a couple of cup holders at least!
All-in-all, The Summit X3 double is not perfect but impressive performance and intuitive features tilt the balance in its favor. Kids especially love its smooth ride and parents like the large storage basket as they don’t have to lug stuff around while jogging.
9) Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller:
Baby Trend is stupid crazy value for the money! The Expedition double jogger has an attractive price tag plus loads of other goodies, which is why it’s one of the most popular models in America.
1) 12-inch swivel-lock front wheel and 16 inch rear wheels with pneumatic rubber tires ensure that the stroller is always in its element irrespective of the terrain. It’s called the ‘Expedition’ after all!
2) Each seat can accept a child weighing up to 50 pounds and up to 42 inches tall. Both seats recline to multiple-positions and have 5-point safety harnesses.
3) Parents can engage the foot-activated rear parking brake to hold the stroller still when taking a break from strolling/jogging. There’s also a tether strap to prevent mishaps.
4) A ratcheting canopy protects kids against rough weather.
5) Lots of storage options – a large basket underneath the seat plus a parent tray with two cup holders and a covered compartment.
7) Folds easily and the rear wheels come off if required.
1) The handlebar is fixed. Still, it is fairly high (43 inches) and several users over 6 feet feel totally comfortable with it. Also, the ergonomics are good – caregiver’s feet don’t the hit the frame or rear wheels while jogging.
2) It’s not compatible with car seat adapters. This is not a huge problem though as most parents don’t jog with infants on-board. For strolling, you can simply purchase the Summer Infant Snuzzler infant supports. They offer tons of soft cushioning and prevent babies from jiggling about in the stroller seat.
Honestly, Most double jogging strollers are priced exorbitantly high. The Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogging Stroller is to strollers what a Toyota Corolla is to cars. It’s affordable, comfortable, easy to use, efficient and most importantly – it gets the job done. Well.
10) Baby Trend – Double Jogger:
This is the most affordable double jogging strolling on this list. Let’s find out if it’s any good.
1) The stroller is JPMA certified. So that’s definitely a good start.
2) It has a 12 inch front wheel and 16 inch rear wheels with air filled tires. The front wheel either swivels or locks as required. This wheel set-up offers great performance in both urban areas as well as in the countryside.
3) Seats are roomy and comfortable. They recline to multiple positions and have 5 point safety harnesses. A retractable overhead canopy shields occupants from the Sun.
4) Foot activated rear brake lets the caregiver park on any surface. Caregiver can secure the tether strap onto his/her wrist to make sure that the stroller is always within reach.
5) Unlike most double jogging strollers with cumbersome operation, this Baby Trend is very easy to assemble, use and fold. The rear wheels can be removed to save storage space.
6) Stroller accommodates up to 100 pounds. It can be used for twins or close siblings and remains relevant for a long time.
7) Price tag is tantalizingly low!
8) A large under-seat storage basket holds kids supplies. Parents get an independent tray with covered storage and not one, but two cup holders.
1) The stroller cannot be converted into a travel system as it’s not compatible with infant car seats. Many parents improvise by placing soft support pads when strolling with infants.
2) Handle bar does not even taller people report having no problem with it. (Handle height is 43 inches).
Honestly, The Baby Trend Double Jogger is a sensible choice and enjoys excellent customer feedback – and for the price you really can’t go wrong if you’re looking for a Budget Dougle Jogging Stroller
I hope that my list will assist you in picking the best double jogging stroller and achieving your fitness goals.
Please share your thoughts in the comments below. Do let me which one you chose and why.