List Updated on Tuesday, March 22nd 2022
In this article, we review the 9 BEST Double Strollers for 2020! Which double stroller is our absolute favorite? Find out below! 🙂
In 2018, we welcomed our second child, and it was one of the happiest moments of our lives. However, one of the things we did when wife was in her second trimester was to buy a double stroller. Seeing as there are so many different types out there, our assumption was that the best double stroller was the most expensive one.
A year later and that double stroller is collecting dust in the garage.
- As it turns out, the most expensive one we could afford wasn’t the best choice.
- We could have chosen something cheaper with better features and durability than the fancy one collecting dust.
After a lot of research, we managed to find what is to us the best of the best double stroller out of ALL of the ones we evaluated. So, we decided to save you the trouble and list what we think are the top options for you.
You could also cut to the chase and buy the Baby Jogger City Select with 2nd Seat, which is precisely the one we have now.
Best Double Strollers for Infants & Toddlers
In a Hurry?
Check out Amazon's Top Rated Double Strollers!
1) Baby Jogger City Select with 2nd Seat (this is what we use):
The Baby Jogger City Select is my top choice for numerous reasons, the big one being that it can easily accommodate both my growing kids.
Plus it easily accommodates standard stroller seats, a bassinet, and infant car seats in upwards of 16 configurations.
All accessories snap right into place without having to wrestle everything down. Essentials like the canopy, handlebars (adjustable) and the leg rest snaps into place. Plus, the stroller can be easily customized for both parents and passengers.
Whether you’re out on a beautiful stroll through the park, transverse rough terrain, the cushioning provided by the air-filled rear tires are unrivaled in our experience.
Plus the swivel locking mechanism of the front wheels makes maneuvering the stroller easier than competing models. Finally, when you’re done with it, it can be folded up and stored in the car’s trunk!
Carrying the stroller: Carrying it around can be a little cumbersome and require some muscle since it weighs 29.54 lbs. However, most strollers aren’t built to be carried around, but if you want to do it, there is a carry bag sold separately.
Maneuvering and braking: Our experience of maneuvering the stroller through the city was very good. The grip is excellent, and you can easily guide it to where you want it should go. However, unlike most other strollers, this one has a hand brake, i.e., operated with your hands located on the top just left of the handlebars. So, braking is easy though not as intuitive as a foot brake.
Comfort Level: Extremely comfortable, and our kids can attest to that. It has three reclining positions which are pretty standard, but the more than enough leg-room is major difference maker. With the squeeze of your hand, it is possible to adjust the degree to which you want it to recline.
Durability: Made almost entirely of metal, this thing can take a beating. Not to mention, it is very easy to clean. Certainly recommended for parents that want to buy something that lasts a long time.
- 16 plus configurations are more than enough options to ensure comfort and customization.
- Easy to maneuver and comfortable thanks to the air inflated rear wheels and swivel lock front wheels.
- Easy to remove the canopy, seat, or any other parts that kids can mess up and throw in the washer for thorough cleaning.
- Extremely comfortable thanks to padded seats.
- Under seat storage with a flexible mesh which can hold up to 15lbs.
- Weighs 29.54 pounds, which can be heavy to carry around when folded.
2) Baby Trend Sit and Stand Double Stroller:
- A sturdy metal frame which we think should be able to take a beating.
- Competitively priced especially for the features that it offers.
- Both seats have canopies.
- It is compatible with several other brands of car seats. You can check out the compatibility chart here.
- Unusually large stroller even when its folded.
- The padding is thin, and so an extra cushion may be needed.
3) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem:
So, why should you buy this one? After all, there has to be a reason why we’ve listed it here.
Plus, we found the foot brake is a lot more responsive, and that makes handling it easier. So, you get a premium feeling and looking stroller at a bargain price. An attribute we’re sure will have many people like us interested in it.
- Good front suspension offers a comfortable ride.
- Easy to fold and unfold.
- Comfortable front and rear seat.
- Removable rear seat.
- Bulky and heavy even after it is folded making it difficult to transport in the boot of a small car.
4) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra:
- Can accommodate kids weighing up to 50lbs.
- It is amongst the most durable sit and stand strollers around.
- Has a cup holder for the kids and parent.
- Easy to walk around with on all types of terrain.
- Locking the front wheels can be tricky at times.
- Still bulky and large even when folded.
5) Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double:
- Low priced sit and stand stroller without compromise on features.
- Looks great and feels premium.
- Easy to walk around with while accommodating up to a 50lb kid on each seat.
- The seat is hard, and an extra cushion is absolutely necessary.
- Build quality isn’t mediocre.
6) Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller:
- An easy folding mechanism.
- Large storage basket.
- 12 riding configurations.
- A large canopy which protects both kids.
- Automatic locking mechanism.
- The kids can’t be seated side by side.
7) Chicco Cortina Together:
- Well built and designed compared to the competition in this price range.
- Adjustable handle for parents of all heights.
- Easy to fold and store away.
- While the front has dual cup holders, the rear is deprived of it.
- Maneuvering it takes a little getting used to.
8) Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller:
- A budget friendly, well designed double stroller.
- Easy to maneuver and jog regardless of the terrain.
- Well, padded makes seating easy and comfortable for kids.
- 5-point Harness.
- Very easy to fold and store away.
- Not compatible with an infant car seat so only meant for kids who have neck control.
9) Contours Options Elite Tandem Double Stroller:
- An excellent value compared to other full-featured strollers.
- Durable and easy to fold.
- Lots of storage space and easy access to it.
- Multiple seat adjustment options.
- Weighing slightly above 38lbs and measuring 38x21x25 inches means that it isn’t exactly easy to store or transport when folded.