10 Best Lightweight Strollers for 2020
In this article, I’m going to give some serious feedback on what I feel are the 10 BEST Lightweight Strollers for 2020, i’m talking serious gear here! ”
A full blown travel system stroller can be a bit too cumbersome for certain situations. Umbrella strollers are very light and easy to use, yet are a bit too simple. That’s why we feel A good lightweight stroller is the perfect “in-between” an umbrella and travel-system stroller.
Best Lightweight Strollers for 2020
In a Hurry?
Check out Amazon's Best Lightweight Strollers for 2020!
I’ve come up with a list of lightweight strollers that pack some of the advanced features of full-size models.
1) Chicco Liteway Compact-Fold Aluminum Stroller:
This lightweight stroller has an aluminum frame
(Fun Fact: Airplanes are made up of Aluminum because the metal is durable yet very light).
Anyway, this model weights a very manageable 18.8 pounds and can carry a baby weighing 40 pounds or less.
If you’re looking for a baby stroller that is well-designed, reliable, feature-loaded as well as light, nothing comes close to the Liteway by Chicco.
1) This model was specially manufactured for short outings and getaways. It is travel friendly owing to its compact dimensions and one-hand 3D fold mechanism. The sbaby troller also has an automatic storage latch and a smart carry handle.
2) Most umbrella/ultralight strollers have a very uncomfortable seat. The Liteway’s seating features a good amount of padding and also an adjustable footrest for extra support and comfort.
3) The backrest has 4 recline positions. It can be adjusted with just one hand – The adjustable footrest and backseat make this stroller suitable for growing children.
I’ll be 100% honest, I tried to find cons for this stroller, but simply couldn’t come up with any negative feedback, on Amazon or anywhere else. It’s my #1 Choice for Lightweight Strollers for a reason. As a lightweight stroller, the Chicco is near perfect. (Though, A child-feeding tray would have been nice)
Everything about this stroller is well thought-out, and we absolutely love it!
2) Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller:
Rounding up #2 on our lightweight stroller list is the Summer Infant 3d Lite Convenience Stroller. This stroller weights just 15.87 pounds. It features an airlight aluminum frame – it’s light enough to be pushed and carried with ease and strong enough to last a long time.
1) Can accommodate up to 50 pounds. This is the right choice for growing kids.
2) The actual stroller is not bulky but it has a large seat with a 5 point safety harness and 4-position recline for added comfort. (Usually, umbrella strollers have a 3-point harness and this makes them unsuitable for children who cannot sit up on their own)
3) The canopy provides shade against Sunlight. It is adjustable, removable and comes with a large pop-out sun visor.
1) The 3D Lite does not stand up on its own.
2) Not ideal for taller children.
3) Pockit Lightweight Stroller:
Mind you, that’s not just a manufacturer claim, it’s been verified by Guinness World Records (2014).
The Pockit Lightweight Stroller weighs just 9.5 pounds and its folded dimensions are 11.8 x 7 x 13.8 inches!
Don’t mistake this stroller to be flimsy though, it can hold up to 55 pounds in the seat plus 11 pounds in the storage compartment.
1) Innovative two-step folding mechanism accounts for a very compact fold. The stroller is not fiddly and can be folded/unfolded within a matter of seconds.
2) This stroller takes the term travel-friendly to a whole new level. Forget cars, it even fits into the overhead bins of most airplanes. It’s fairly tall when unfolded – making it easy to push without the need to hunch forward (height is 39.8 inches). Take it with you on your cross country trips on American Airlines, or quick hops to the next state with Southwest Airlines. 🙂
3) It’s small but very resilient. It can take a total payload (child plus supplies) of up to 66 pounds.
1) The ONLY Reason this is not higher on my list is because of the price. It’s Expensive, about 2x the cost of most Lightweight Strollers on this list. BUT – sometimes you pay for a high-end baby stroller. 🙂
The Pockit does have room for improvement but even then, its design is leaps and bounds ahead of other lightweight strollers. The GB Pockit was conferred with the Red Dot Award and the IF Gold Award in 2016.
4) Summer Infant 3D Lite Convenience Stroller:
This lightweight stroller is suitable for children over 6 months old and weighing up to 50 pounds.
1) There’s simply no getting away from the fact that the 3D lite looks crazy good, especially in this tropical green which also helps to improve visibility at night.
2) The padded seating area is large and comes with a 5 point safety harness. The seats can be adjusted to 4 positions and reclines almost fully flat (150 degrees to be exact). This is perfect if your child wishes to take a nap after a long walk or tiring play session.
3) The anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels make pushing, steering and parking a breeze.
4) The overhead canopy is not just for show – it is quite large and has a flip out visor to help shade the baby against 99.9% of harmful rays. The canopy is fully removable and adjustable.
5) The stroller is easy to fold. It locks automatically once folded and comes with a very handy carry strap.
1) Awkward ergonomic position for taller children
5) Summer Infant 3D-One Convenience Stroller:
Weighing in at just 16 pounds, the 3D One by Summer Infant is one heck of a lightweight stroller.
1) Stroller is equipped with 1 hand, 3 position seat recline. The baby can sit up if it wants to look out and learn about its surroundings or simply go to sleep in the roomy and comfy seat.
2) The five-point safety harness with easy pop-buckle ensures a cosy fit and secure ride even over bumpy surfaces. The adjustable footrest helps baby to relax and enables the stroller to accommodate kids of various sizes.
3) The adjustable canopy with extendable sun visor looks quite catchy and blocks out 99.9% of the harmful UVA and UVB rays.
1) Crotch strap is not adjustable and hence, inconvenient for taller children.
6) Kolcraft Cloud Plus:
1) The Kolcraft Cloud Plus was born for traveling and day-trips. This stroller loves to be outdoors but also works quite well at the shopping mall.
2) The large three-tier extendable canopy keeps the Sun out and keeps the baby cool. It’s clever design and high quality fabrics provided maximum protection against ultraviolet rays.
3) Folds easily with one and stands on its own. No drama whatsoever! Also, this workhorse can accommodate up to 50 pounds, which is more than 4 times its own weight! Impressive.
4) The multi-position reclining seat with a 5 point safety harness keeps baby safe and comfortable at all times.
1) The front wheels need to be perfectly aligned when folding the stroller. Often, the caregiver has to manually adjust the wheels
7) J is for Jeep Brand North Star Stroller:
At just 10 pounds, the North Star is the definition of a ‘lightweight stroller. It’s a godsend for families who already have a primary stroller and are looking for something cheap and easy to use for short outings and travel.
1) The stroller holds up to 40 pounds. The seating offers good calf support and the footrest makes the ride pleasant and relaxing. On very hot days, parents can roll up the back-padding to expose a mesh layer. The folded-up padding acts a comfy headrest while the mesh improves air-circulation and keeps the child cool.
2) 5 1/2 inch front and back wheels with front suspension account for a smoother ride. Most strollers in this weight and price bracket have no suspension at all!
3) The extendable canopy works reasonably well and blocks out most of the Sun. Three point harness keeps the child secure.
1) The seat does not recline. Your child cannot go to sleep in the upright position.
2) The safety harness does not include shoulder straps.
8) Kolcraft Cloud Plus:
Weighing in at just 11.8 pounds, this lightweight stroller offers a good balance of style, convenience and comfort.
1) The stroller can hold a child weighing up to 50 pounds plus a few pounds of supplies.
2) The large, three-tier removable canopy shields the baby from harmful UV rays. Peek-a-boo window keeps child entertained and enables the caregiver to check in on the baby from time to time.
3) Very suitable for travel and even when using public transportation. Folds compactly with just one hand and even stands on its own.
4) Multi-position seat recline and 5 point safety harness hold the baby in place securely even on bumpy surfaces. Often, kids may tend to lean forward when asleep. The shoulder straps prevent the baby from leaning too forward and falling out.
5) This lightweight stroller is JPMA certified and comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
1) You have to align the wheels perfectly when folding. This is tricky and may require some manual adjustment. Also, the wheels do not offer much traction.
9) Baby Trend Rocket:
This stroller weighs 12.5 pounds and can accommodate a kid weighing 50 pounds or less and up to 40 inches tall. It has almost all of the features of a full size stroller. If this stroller would’ve been compatible with infant seats, it would have sent most travel systems packing (pun intended)! It’s priced really well too.
1) Reclining seat with 5 point safety harness
2) The large shade canopy protects baby from the blazing summer Sun
3) Ergonomic handles with comfort grip and a foot activated dual brake make the stroller easy to steer and park. The handles are tall (40 inches) and hence the caregiver does not have to remain bent forward while pushing the stroller.
4) Comes with a large storage basket and parent tray with dual cup holders.
5) Easy to assemble. Folds quickly and compactly.
The Rocket lightweight stroller is only suitable for children who can sit up unassisted. Plus, it has its share of squeaks and rattles depending upon how it’s used. Cannot be shipped internationally.
Overall, this is a great effort by Baby Trend. They have considered the needs of both the baby and the parents but some cost cutting is fairly obvious. Still, this is great package considering the price.
10) JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller:
At 15.7 pounds, this stroller is not exactly ultralight. However, it does accommodate up to 55 pounds and has a few more tricks up its sleeve. Let us delve a bit deeper and find out if it’s the right one for you.
1) Suitable for newborn babies as well (bassinet mode). Multi-position seat reclines almost completely flat.
2) The stroller has an adjustable UPF 50 Sun canopy plus a peek-a-boo window.
3) Sturdy and lightweight aluminum frame with nice, tall handles (42+ inches). The caregiver does not have to remain hunched forward while pushing the stroller.
4) The stroller has reflective material on all four sides to improve visibility at night.
1) Heavier than most other models and also a bit bulky. Folded dimensions are 43.5 x 14 x 10 inches.
3) Folding mechanism is fiddly.
The JOOVY New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller has a lot of things going for it. It’s well built and laden with convenient features. It’s not the easiest to fold but to it’s credit, it does stand up on its own once folded.
So, which of the Best Lightweight Strollers did you choose?
Please share your thoughts and insights in the comments section below so that others may benefit from your experiences. I hope you enjoyed reading this article and are now well equipped for the upcoming family vacation.