Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System Review
Baby Trend is a renowned, trustworthy manufacturer of strollers and other accessories. In this review, we will put the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System to the test and find out if it's any good.
FYI - The set includes a stroller plus a Baby Trend EZ-Flex Lock 4-30 infant car seat. All this for a real affordable price!
What really sets this stroller apart are its real world usability and practicality. If you are in the market for an affordable travel system stroller, there is certainly no lack of cheap models. However, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System scores highly in terms of durability and features. No wonder it is a best-selling model.
This stroller can be used from birth and up to 50 pounds or 42 inches. Many strollers are not suitable for newborns and parents need to upgrade after a while. The fact that this can be used from the moment your child is born up until they're 50 pounds or 3 1/2 feet tall is a game changer!
By choosing this Baby Trend setup, buyers can save money that’d have otherwise been spent on getting a different stroller and car seat.
So it's hard to deny the appeal that this stroller possesses, especially for those who may be looking to purchase a stroller on the less-expensive side of things.
Even though this is a value-for-money proposition, it still offers amazing features such as parent tray with two cup holders plus a child tray.
In other words, it's quite affordable AND an amazing stroller too! You get MUCH more than you pay for with this the baby trend expedition jogger travel system stroller.
Also included is a sizeable storage basket for toys, diaper bags etc. The push handle is ergonomic and comes with foam padding for additional grip and comfort.
Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Travel System Features:
- The front facing stroller seat is adjustable to multiple positions. If your child is tired, it falls all the way back to allow him/her to nap. Otherwise, the child can sit nicely propped up and observe the surroundings.
- There is a five point harness and a tether to ensure that your little one has a safe and enjoyable ride.
- The reflectors on the footrest help to make the stroller more conspicuous in low light.
- The overhead canopy turns to block out the Sun and wind. If the weather is nice or if you’re indoors, it folds back neatly to allow the occupant to soak in the pleasant ambience.
The EZ-Flec Lock 30 infant car seat (Included!)
The Baby Trend EZ-Flex Lock 4-30 infant car seat is usable from birth (4 pounds) to 30 lbs. It can accommodate kids who are up to 30 inches tall.
The seat is mounted onto the stroller in a parent-facing configuration. This facilitates greater parent-child interaction. You can keep a close eye on your tiny tot and monitor their mood and activities too!
Like the stroller, the seat too comes loaded with features:
- It has a 5-point harness to keep the infant secure.
- The harness can be adjusted with just one hand (parents who cater to the never-ending whims of kids while juggling multiple heavy shopping bags will surely appreciate and value this feature).
- Even better, the seat releases easily thanks to a push button mechanism.
- The car seat is fairly easy to mount on to the stroller. It has a 4 position, push button height adjustable base with level indicator to ensure secure installation. The seat is equipped with EPS energy absorbing foam to provide best-in-class side impact head protection and soft head support.
Note: It is advisable to spend a couple of minutes to actually read the instructions (this is for new parents/users) as this will prevent frustrating moments and fiddling. Baby Trend is a popular model and their designs are quite safe by nature, but you still want to make sure that everything is securely in place. You can read more reviews over at amazon.com!
- The car seat has a smooth carrying handle and weighs just a hint under seventeen pounds. So it's not as light as it could be, but still can be carried over short distances with relatively little fuss!
- The Large bicycle wheels easily roll over bumps. The stroller can tackle grass and gravel without breaking too much of a sweat.
- Many manufacturers name their strollers ‘joggers’ just because they have three wheels and the body features a couple of sporty decals.
- This one though, has a decent suspension and a sturdy frame. Moreover, each rear wheel locks individually to hold the stroller in place when parked, even on inclines.
- The front wheel swivels for easy maneuverability in busy city centers and shopping complexes.
- If you are taking a straight road or are up for some brisk walking/jogging, simply lock the front wheel and get going.
It's not perfect, as much as we like it - we did have a few gripes!
- The Wheels require maintenance from time to time. Users will have to monitor air pressure. This involves investing a couple bucks in an air pump and paying occasional visits to the local bicycle repair store to change bearings, fix punctures and so on.
- Even though the fold is fairly compact and the stroller fits into the boots of most cars, the Expedition Jogger is a little bulky and heavy for air travel.
- The infant car seat could have been more comfortable.
Our Review & Final Verdict:
Strollers usually do not come with the car seat included (needs to be purchased separately). If the seat is included, the base is often not part of the deal (also needs to be bought separately).
This travel system though, includes everything:
- The stroller
- The infant seat
- And the car seat base
The Expedition Jogger delivers exceptional, near impossible value for money. It ticks every box by being delightfully maneuverable, easy to use and well built. Add to this Baby Trend’s 1 year warranty and you have a winner.
We personally feel that this particular stroller could be one of the best strollers of the year.
SnugBaby Score: 91/100
We can't say enough good things about this set up, pick yours up from Amazon.com and be sure to come back and let us know what you think!