Thanks for checking out our Britax B-Agile Travel System Review!
The Britax B-Agile Travel System is a top rated, quality travel system that allows you and your kid to stroll around safely and in style. It also hits the sweet spot in terms of affordability.
The travel system comprises of the Britax B-Agile stroller, a matching B-Safe 35 infant car seat, the car seat base and the Click & Go adapters.
The B-agile stroller has a durable aluminum frame and it weighs just a shade over 18 pounds.
As you know, aluminum is lighter than steel while also being extremely hard-wearing. It’s the secret behind this stroller’s robustness and agility.
The B-Agile is usable right from birth (4+ lbs.) all the way up to 55 pounds.
The stroller has 4 wheels but in a 3 wheel configuration. This means that the two swivel-locking wheels at the front are set close to together on a single axle. This helps the stroller to stay true to the ‘B-Agile’ moniker while still retaining the stability of a conventional 4 wheel design.
The wheels are made out of foam filled plastic which is harder than rubber and perfect for use in an urban environment. Needless to say, the stroller has limited off-roading ability but it can hold its own over occasional patches of grass, sand and gravel. A stroll over a cobblestone street is going to be bumpy despite the suspension setup.
The B-Safe infant car seat weighs 10 lbs. and the base itself weighs 9 lbs. (total weight is 19 pounds). The car seat too, is usable from birth (minimum weight 4 pounds) and up to 35 pounds. It’s suitable for a child with a standing height of 32 inches or less.
Both the stroller and car seat have a one year warranty. The car seat has an expiration date of 6 years.
Let’s take a closer look at this travel system:
Britax B-Agile Travel System Features:
- Ultra-Maneuverable: The 3-wheel design ensures that the stroller can turn on a dime. This is especially useful in tight aisles and crowded shopping complexes. If you’ve only used 4 wheel strollers before, you’ll really appreciate the extra control and ease of steering offered by this 3-wheeler.
- Quick, One-Hand Folding Technology: The stroller can be folded safely and quickly with just one hand – perfect for parents who’re attending to multiple kids/toddlers. Being just 18 pounds, the stroller is light enough to be lifted and hauled with one hand.
When folded, the stroller can fit into the backs of most city cars, which includes hatchbacks such as the VW Golf, Honda Fit, Mazda 3, Ford Fiesta etc.
- Comfortable, padded seat reclines to multiples positions to allow your toddler to sit up or rest.
- The 5-point safety harness with shoulder pads keeps the child strapped securely into the seat.
- The B-Safe infant car seat is prized for providing unparalleled protection. It features the SafeCell Impact Protection System that is exclusive to the Britax brand.
At 19 pounds, it is heavier than your average car seat, owing to a steel frame for added strength.
The base compresses to absorb the force of impact in case of a collision. The contoured shell is designed to be deep – this has two benefits.
- Number 1: The shell minimizes side-to-side movement
- Number 2: It takes up less space inside the car.
The inner side of the shell has considerable foam lining for superior side impact protection.
The car seat also features Britax’s SafeCenter Latch Installation. This includes center-pull straps that can be tightened quickly and without much hassle. The car seat is easy to remove from the base without wiggling and fiddling. It also installs back on quickly. This is super-handy when you’re running errands.
- Click & Go Adapters enable the stroller to accept the B-safe 35 or any other Britax car seat. It takes just seconds to install and unlatch the car seat from the stroller frame.
When used as a travel system with the car seat attached, the infant’s position is rear or parent facing. This is ideal as the baby is always in the caretaker’s direct line of sight. It also helps the baby to feel more secure in bright, noisy and crowded places.
- Large Adjustable Canopy does an excellent job of protecting the occupant from the elements. It can fall a good way forward to keep the Sun out.
- The Storage Basket underneath the stroller seat deserves a special mention. We know that all strollers have it but this one is designed really smartly. It has a square-ish shape to prevent sagging and the edges are high.
- Independent All Wheel Suspension guarantees a super smooth ride over reasonable surfaces. Your little one won’t get all jarred up when out and about the town.
- The stroller can be parked using the rear foot brake that locks both the rear wheels.
- Full Fledged Travel system usable right from day one.
- The B-Agile weighs just a little more than an umbrella stroller but performance and build quality are top notch
- Uncompromised approach to safety
- A premium travel system that doesn’t break the bank
- Swivel-locking front wheels for enhanced maneuverability and straight line stability
- No complicated assembly required
- Superfast one-hand fold. The stroller folds pretty flat and may even be suitable for air travel
- The stroller does not stand up on its own when folded
- Designed predominantly for urban use. Also, not suitable for jogging. If you’re someone who likes jogging and want an all-terrain stroller, then this is not the one for you (It’s more than enough for long, brisk walks on flat surfaces). You’re better off considering something like the Baby Jogger Summit X3. Be warned however, that the X3 does not accept infant car seats.
- No cup holders, child trays or parent console. These can be purchased separately.
- This particular model was recalled by Britax to fix a center clip attachment that ‘can break’. This is not a deal breaker as Britax is a well-established brand with a responsible and prompt after sales service network. The said part can be replaced by contacting Britax.
The Britax B-Agile Travel System is one of the best available on the market. We like the no-nonsense approach to mobility and the intuitive design.
Unlike several other three wheel strollers that feature air filled tires, the B-Agile has plastic ones. While these are not all terrain, they do not require any maintenance.
After weighing all the pros and cons, we’ve concluded that the Britax B-Agile punches above its weight. If you are looking for a travel system for urban use, we whole heartedly recommend you pick it up!
SNUGBABY SCORE: 90/100