Best BOB Strollers
In this post, we’re going to review what we feel are the best BOB Strollers in the USA for 2018.
Founded in California over twenty years ago, BOB is one of the leading stroller and baby products manufacturers in the USA. The brand also has a formidable presence in other countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and several European nations.
BOB Strollers was born out of a passion for adventure and the great outdoors.
In 1994, it was formed by an airline mechanic named Philip Novotny met Roger Malinowski, a bicycle industry genius.
- Philip had built a versatile, lightweight bike trailer and named it the Yak.
- Roger liked the concept and the two partnered up to produce it on a larger scale.
People simply loved the Yak! It was unique and forever changed how bicycles transported gear. The two had initially named the business ‘Beasts Of Burden’ but the tedious moniker was later shortened to BOB!
When Roger and Philip had kids, they began to design strollers with the capacity to go almost anywhere while still being practical and comfortable. Their strollers were very well received and so they kept on innovating. The Duallie double stroller, introduced in 2001 was a great success.
BOB was also the first company to introduce the swivel-locking front wheel in 2005. The model was aptly called the ‘Revolution’ and it took stroller maneuverability to a whole new level.
In 2011, Bob (now known as BOB Gear) was acquired by Britax, a company with over 80 years of experience in manufacturing premium car seats, strollers and accessories. BOB strollers are now more refined than ever – no wonder they’re the top choice for thousands of families from all over the planet. With an amazing lineup of Jogging Strollers and Double Jogging Strollers, BOB is defintiely worth considering!
Here is a list of the best BOB strollers on sale in the USA
1) BOB 2016 Ironman Jogging Stroller: (SnugBaby Top Pick!)
SNUGBABY SCORE: 96/100
This is the official stroller of the Ironman Triathlon.
In Fact, Ironman.com has loved these and been recommending them for YEARS!
- September 29th, 2003: Meet Your New Training Partner: the New IRONMAN® Stroller by BOB
- April 24th, 2008: BOB is the stroller of choice for the Ironman Triathlon
- November 8th, 2017: Tips for Running Better with Baby
My advice, if you’re looking for a solid SINGLE jogging stroller, pick this up from Amazon now, you can’t go wrong with it.
At any rate, let’s get the to the statistics:
This wonderful specifimen of a jogging stroller has been designed for people with a serious athletic inclination but it also works well for parents who simply like to take long walks. The 3 wheel configuration is perfect for sprinting and endurance training. The front wheel is fixed for added stability, even at high speeds.
• Advanced suspension. Offers three inches of travel and two weight support modes for a super smooth ride.
• Adjustable handlebar with 9 positions is perfect for users of different heights.
• Hand activated, bicycle-like front caliper brake lever on handlebar allows for excellent control when going downhill.
• 16 inch air filled tires and aluminum alloy wheels enable stroller to achieve high speeds.
• Comfortable seat with safety harness reclines almost fully flat. Large canopy protects baby from the elements. Sizeable storage basket is big enough for supplies. Wheels release quickly for compact storage.
• Simple 2-step fold. Max weight 75 pounds.
• Compatible with infant car seats such as the Bob B-safe 35 using the car seat adapter. 6751 – 0605
• A flat tire is virtually unavoidable at some point of time, especially if not maintained properly
• Air pump, child tray and other accessories need to be purchased separately.
2) BOB Rambler Jogging Stroller & Weather Shield Set:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 95/100
This package includes the Rambler stroller and BOB weather shield for single strollers. The stroller is built on a robust aluminum frame. It is sturdy and yet weighs only 25 pounds.
• Three wheel design is ideal for jogging. Swivel locking front wheel enables stroller to take tight turns and keeps it stable even on rough terrain.
• 12 inch air filled tires and impact resistant polymer wheels tackle bumps with ease.
• Mountain bike-like suspension with 3 inches of travel ensures a plush ride on all surfaces.
• Seat reclines to multiple positions. 5-point safety harness keeps occupant secure even at high speeds. UPF 50+ canopy shields against harmful UV rays.
• Transparent Shield prevents bad weather from playing spoil-sport.
• Stroller is compatible with BOB infant car seats by Britax and also with other major brands.
• Air tires require additional maintenance
3) BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Duallie Jogging Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 92/100
The three-wheeled Duallie Revolution (double jogging stroller) features two seats in side-by-side arrangement. Each seat can accommodate a child weighing up to 50 pounds. This is a best-selling model due to its loads of convenient features and premium build quality.
• Swivel locking front wheel
• Great for larger families
• Handlebar adjusts to 9 positions
• Foot activated rear brake to keep stroller planted firmly in place
• 2 step fold for convenient transportation and storage
• Extra large storage for supplies of both kids
• Independent seat recline – one kid can nap while the other looks out
• High grade suspension setup – 2 weight support of stages and 3 inches of travel.
• Accepts Bob B-safe infant car seat to become a travel system
• Accessories must be purchased separately.
• This is a double stroller so naturally it is quite bulky and heavy.
4) BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Jogging Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 92/100
A full-fledged, feature-packed jogging stroller that is ever ready to tackle any surface. The Revolution FLEX is in high demand among fitness oriented families.
• Can be used by a person of any height as handlebar adjusts to 9 positions
• 12.5 inch swivel-locking front wheel and 16.5 inch rear wheels.
• Pneumatic tires with tubes and Schrader valve are handy on any terrain – beaches, country trails, pavement, shopping centres, cobbled streets and so on.
• Advanced suspension for a refined ride
• Compatible with Bob B-safe infant car seat
• Comfortable seat with overhead canopy. Parent pouch and storage basket.
• Tires require regular basic maintenance
• Accessories are optional extras.
5) BOB 2016 Revolution PRO Duallie Jogging Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 94/100
Yet another best-selling double jogging stroller with the seats in a tandem (side-by-side) setting. The Revolution Pro Duallie is equipped for intense exercise sessions or just a long stroll with your kids.
• Hand-activated brake for precision braking and downhill control. This is a highly appreciated feature as the stroller weighs close to 150 pounds when fully loaded.
• State-of-the-art suspension for a luxurious ride even on uneven surfaces.
• Air filled tires can take on virtually any terrain
• Padded handlebar is adjustable to 9 positions
• Can be converted into a travel system. Accepts Bob B-safe infant car seat and several other popular makes.
• Swivel-lock front wheel and larger rear wheels for stability.
• Stroller is near perfect but being a double, it’s quite large
6) BOB 2016 Stroller Strides Fitness Jogging Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 92/100
This stroller comes with a lot of bells and whistles such as a Stroller Strides fitness classes coupon. It also includes a Stroller Strides Fitness kit, which is made up of a handlebar console, exercise manual and resistance bands by SPRI.
• Works on any type of terrain thanks to larger air-filled tires and polymer wheels.
• Premium suspension for a buttery smooth ride
• Works for people of all heights. 9 handlebar positions to choose from.
• Easy 2 step fold
• High quality seat with extra large canopy and 5-point safety belt
• Maximum payload of 75 pounds
• Handlebar console is quite useful for storing keys, change, cup-holder etc.
• Nothing much to be honest. Tires need some maintenance.
7) BOB Revolution PRO Jogging Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 90/100
BOB just keeps banging out bestseller after bestseller! The Revolution PRO is a highly sought after model in the BOB lineup.
• Extremely well-built all-terrain jogging stroller. Can handle snow and ice-covered pavement with ease.
• Very reasonable pricing
• Hand-activated brake for downhill control
• Sophisticated suspension with 2 weight stages and 3 inches travel
• Adjustable handlebar
• Swivel lock front wheel, Bicycle-like air tires
• Stroller is travel system ready. Adapter to be purchased separately.
• Max weight = 75 pounds.
• Accessories sold separately.
• Buyers must also buy air pump to fill tires with air periodically.
8) BOB Rambler Jogging Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 90/100
This is a lightweight jogging stroller. Weight is just 25 pounds even though this is a full size model. Accepts up to 75 pounds
• 12 inch front and rear air tires with polymer wheels
• Mountain bike-like suspension soaks up all bumps
• Spacious seat with 5 point harness and one-hand recline. UPF 50+ extra large canopy
• Travel System Ready
• Durable aluminum frame
• Handlebar is fixed.
9) BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 88/100
Solidly built three-wheeled double jogging stroller is usable both on and off-road
• Limited 5 year warranty on frame and limited one year warranty on fabric and other small parts
• Seats recline independently to 70 degrees
• Swivel-locking front wheel. Air filled tires
• High grade suspension
• Large storage area
• Travel System Ready
• One of the top-selling double joggers in the US
• Large size
• fixed handlebar
10) BOB Revolution CE Stroller:
SNUGBABY SCORE: 84/100
Compact and lightweight stroller weighs less than 25 pounds. Meant predominantly for use within city limits but can handle the occasional off-road patch.
• Travel System ready
• Swivel locking front wheel. Air filled tires
• Adjustable suspension for smooth ride
• Ltd 5 year warranty on frame and 1 year on other parts
• Padded reclining seat with 5 point harness
• Two step fold. Easy to transport and store
• Fixed Handlebar
• Cupholders and other accessories payable extra
In closing, Which BOB stroller was your pick of the lot?
Please share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!